Top ten things likely to be said on a typical day at the Farm.
10. Oh thank god, we didn’t kill the lettuce.
9. I can’t wait until next month when we finally get to harvest “X”
8. We better get some rain soon.
7. I am so sick of planting “X” I don’t even like it anymore.
6. Can I borrow your sunblock?
5. All these seedlings are making me hungry. What are you cooking for dinner?
4. Did that give you a blister too?
3. The F*$#%*# deer better stay away from the spinach
2. I think I just pulled a back muscle.
1. I’m ready for a beer.
Don’t get me wrong. All my coworkers and I love our job. Sometimes complaining is the only way to make it through the day. That, and the promise of an ice cold beer when it’s all over.
No one ever said farming was going to be easy. Thank god I have a great group of people I can go through the experience with.